{the story of a girl}

Friday, November 14, 2008

The Woman In Me

Wants to be a librarian. (Yes, I know that title is wonky but I'm still attempting to use song titles for my post titles). Badly. But sometimes I wonder if I'm going to make it. Another two years, minimum, of school after I finish my undergrad just seems more than I can handle some days. Then I walk into a library or bookstore and my love of books and knowledge and research comes rushing back. And it helps to have library-ish stuff around. Such as:

How cute is this? Yes, I have personalized book plates in a great deal of my books but this would allow me to track who has borrowed which book (like I would forget).
A recent e-Bay purchase. A 1950s book on being a librarian.
A recent amazon.com purchase.
And a great quote to end with:
"Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing
your temper or your self-confidence."
- Robert Frost

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home