{the story of a girl}

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Mischief Night/Devil's Night

One of my favorite movies (from my Goth period) is The Crow. The stigma surrounding this movie only made it all the better. And since today is Oct. 30 and Devil's Night, I thought I'd throw this movie out as one to watch. It is not for the faint of heart or the angelic- it's very graphic and dark. But Brandon Lee is so very hot in this movie it makes it all worthwhile. :)

Another name for today is Mischief Night. Probably a little more tame and geographically wide-spread than Detroit's Devil's Night.

Yet another name for today is MY PARENT'S 38th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY! Yes folks, my 'rents have been bound by legal matrimony for 38 years. They have definitely had their ups and downs but they have toughed it out. My mom is fond of recounting their engagement story (that, according to her, included her scrubbing the kitchen floor in her apartment while my father sat on the sofa with his feet on the coffee table watching TV) and saying the first thought that came to her mind after my father asked her to marry him was: "Why not? We can always get divorced if it doesn't work out." Well, theirs is one high school romance that definitely worked out.

When we were little, we marked their anniversary with pumpkin carving, chili and It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. I'm sure it was a blast for them.

However you call it, today is the day before Halloween!!! And I will be delivering four dozen cupcakes to friends tonight. Cause I'm good like that. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home