{the story of a girl}

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tales of Beedle the Bard

This is what I asked Santa for and didn't get. Tales of Beedle the Bard Collector's Edition. I really, REALLY wanted this book. I dreamed about it. I visited it daily at Amazon. And I was upset when it wasn't under the tree.

So, in true Lindsy fashion, I started a hunt for it. Volumes are going for $200-$300 on eBay. Can't pay that. But, as luck would have it, I was in the right place at the right time. A used copy came up for sale at $90 on Amazon yesterday. Apparently someone had bought the book and it was received slightly damaged (a spot on the cover of the false book, a small tear on a page) and returned it for a new copy. I snatched up that book so fast it made even my head spin. The best part is that, if I receive the book and it's totally ruined, I can return it for a full refund to Amazon. Granted, I know the book isn't in collectible condition, but I truly just want the collector's edition for my personal Harry Potter collection.

We shall see how this ends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home