{the story of a girl}

Thursday, December 18, 2008

When Fat Jeans Don't Fit

Or "The Life of Lindsy"
Or "Repercussions of Holiday Gluttony"

Last night, I changed from my work clothes into my jeans prior to meeting a girlfriend for dinner. Now, it has to be said that I usually wear my jeans 3-4 times before washing them. I know this disgusts some people but I'm a pretty clean person and I love the way jeans fit on the second wearing.

However, last night my jeans were freshly laundered. And I had been eating the left-overs from my ham, mashed potato and green bean casserole dinner for a couple of days. And I've been to two or five holiday parties and partook of sugary, creamy, fatty goodness. Therefore, when I put on my pants last night, they were a bit, er, snug. Totally sucked. And these were my "fat" jeans. Every woman has a pair of these in her closet for when she just can't tolerate the regular jeans.

Needless to say, I had an orange and granola bar for breakfast and will be having salads at my two holiday events today.

But, stuffed mushrooms-spinach dip-chicken kabobs-pasta-bread-cupcakes-tiramisu? Totally worth it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

I don't wash after every wear. I like the night on my jeans!! I am in the same boat. I have switched to elastic waiste bands til after Christmas..who can say no to a cutely decorated sugar cookie??!!

9:51 AM

 
Blogger Lindsy said...

See, this is why we are still friends after all these years! :)

8:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home