{the story of a girl}

Thursday, July 09, 2009

A Hero's Tribute

It may not be evident in my sassy nature, but I am a deeply patriotic person. I love this country and have profound gratitude and respect for the men and women who have, and do, fight for this country. Even though my grandfather was out of the military well before I came into the world, he still had military honors at his funeral. I was doing fine until they played taps, folded the flag, and handed it to my grandmother. And I absolutely lost it when the volleys (three gunshots) sounded. It reminded me that our freedom, personal and collective, is not free. There is a price that will always be paid for it, often with the blood of our fallen heroes.

A Hero's Tribute- The tribute is incredibly touching. This is how every soldier should be welcomed home.

I found the above tribute on Karen Russell's blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home