{the story of a girl}

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Settling In

Remember when you were a kid and you'd play house? I admit, I played house often, coordinating and organizing and making everything "just so." Somehow, those early forays into domesticity never seemed as daunting as moving into a new home has been. Granted, I've moved before (this is the 7th move in my 33 years), but I've never moved into a place that is totally mine. I've been trying so hard to make everything perfect immediately, and it has taken it's toll on me, mentally and physically.

Now, I'm trying to take it a little at time and just go with the flow. My next big project is to hang curtains and wall decor. I think those two little things will make the house start to feel like a home. My home. I'm desperate for that feeling. Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying all my space and brand-new goodness, but it just doesn't quite feel like "me" yet. I'm sure though that, with time, I'll be able to infuse the place with my own unique and quirky sense of style.

Until then, the settling in continues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home