{the story of a girl}

Friday, July 28, 2006

{29 days of 29}

I only have 29 days left of being 29. I then become a 30 year old. How'd that happen?

I know it's said that life begins at 30. Hum, really? I certainly hope so. I need that. I will say this...I am much more grounded in who I am now than I was at 20 (or even 25). I still struggle with weaknesses and shortcomings but, for the most part, I know who I am and I kinda like it. I'm not a size 4 nor do I want to be. I enjoy my voloptuous curves. I can't drop everything and move to a different city because I have a career- and I like knowing where my next paycheck is coming from. I won't let others influence me to turn my back on what I believe in- been there and done that. I take comfort in the fact that I have the maturity of a woman and the playfullness of a child. In an odd way I'm proud of the emotional scars I bear; they've taught me so much. I can look back on the people who have disappointed me, broken my heart, and forgive them.

1 Comments:

Blogger *krystyn* said...

Glad to see a new post. HOpe you've enjoyed the summer. Happy **almost** birthday!!

8:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home