{the story of a girl}

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

{daddy's little girl}

I wouldn't necessarily say I have my father wrapped around my finger, but I do think we are very close and have a great relationship. I love to remember the little things he's done for me over the years. Now that we are enjoying this lovely spring weather, it takes me back to my senior year of high school and Spring Training with my dad.

You see, the spring of my junior year, a brand-new spring training complex was built about 2 miles from our house. During the spring of my senior year, my dad and I went to the games. A lot. I missed a bunch of school (not that it mattered- I already had more than enough credits to graduate). Dad would get great seats from work and we'd take it a game- always a Padres game. We even had our favorite player- Archi Cianfrocco. We loved the way the announcer said his name and it became our "thing." My mother went to a game once with us (and only once-I think we were a little too weird for her to watch baseball with) and rolled her eyes at our enthusiasm for Arrrrrrrrrrrrchi.

It was just one of those little things my father did for me that meant so much then- and even more now.

Thanks daddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home