{the story of a girl}

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

{hind sight}

My father has always said that "hind sight is 20/20." Oh, so very true. But today I'm indulging in a little hind sight and thinking of what I would change. If I could go back "knowing then what I know now"...

High School
* I would concentrate more on doing well in my honors and AP classes.
* I wouldn't care so much about what other people thought.

After High School
* I would enjoy Europe more instead of thinking about what was waiting for me back in the States.
* I would be serious about my education and get my degree while I was still living at home.
* I would spend my summers on different experiences: working at a National Park, working on a cruise line, volunteering for Habitat for Humanity (etc.) knowing that, once I got locked into a career, those opportunities would no longer be options.
* I would be much more frugal with my money; save more and spend less.
* I would NEVER let my weight get so out of hand.
* I would embrace every experience instead of letting my insecurity keep me from doing the things I want.

Now, don't get the wrong idea. Despite the laundry list of items above, there are plenty of things I don't regret; plenty of opportunities I seized. I've lived a full life; a blessed life and I realize not everyone can say this. But, there is no sense in looking back. The only thing you can do is change your life going forward.

My conclusion: hind sight may be 20/20, but it's a darn good way to identify what you really want and to go after it. It's never to late to get a life; or change one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home