{the story of a girl}

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Forgotten Carols


If you've never had the opportunity to listen to, read or see on stage The Forgotten Carols, you should definitely make this a part of your Christmas traditions. I was introduced to this wonderful story, and the songs it inspired, several years ago. Since then, the story has grown into a full-on stage production that I've seen twice: once three years ago and again last night. It's a magical experience that takes me on a roller coaster ride of emotions: levity, sadness, hope, etc. It's an amazing gift to see this play/musical on stage. Last night I sat beside my best friend (who is expecting her first child after years of trying and disappointment) and the rest of the women in her family, each who have had their own struggles, and I felt the Spirit so strongly I couldn't deny the blessings that I have in my life all because a baby was born over 2,000 years ago in a manger. It is a humbling realization and one I was more than willing to accept.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home