{the story of a girl}

Monday, April 21, 2008

Wakeboard Betty

I've been lucky to know several amazing people who freely include me on their lake trips. And on these lake trips I've been trying to learn to wakeboard. For the past, oh, I don't know, FIVE years. Towards the end of last summer I was actually having some success standing up but I'd immediately fall.


This past Saturday, on the first run of the season, I was the first one in the absolutely frigid water at Saguaro. And I stood up on the board. And I RODE. Until I fell. A lot. It hurt. But the point of the story is I was RIDING!! Maybe it was the new grip. Maybe it was the new life vest that buoyed me up between rides so I wasn't swallowing mouthfuls of lake water. Maybe it was the Liquid Force Maven. Who knows. Who cares. I was RIDING!


Disclaimer: the pictures a bit blurry but that IS me.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home