{the story of a girl}

Friday, May 23, 2008

Marking years

Some people mark their children's lives by showcasing pictures from each school year on a wall. "Oh, look at Timmy in first grade. Wasn't he a doll?" or "My, my, my...look at what a beauty Sally grew to be as a sophomore."

Those pictures don't exist in my parent's home. Well, except for the framed picture I gave them of my in my cap and gown (kinda amazed I made it that far.). No, these are the kind of pictures that mark the passage of my childhood:


And birthdays were noted by where we were: "Remember the year we spent my birthday in Pocatello?" or "I got the Huggin's for my birthday the year we were at Wyoming Downs."

I definitely don't miss having a school-picture timeline of my life...this method is much more more honest- it's who we are and how we've lived our lives. And I wouldn't trade it for anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home