{the story of a girl}

Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend re-cap (and other randomness)

Did you see The Dark Knight this weekend? NO?!?!?!?! You must go see it. Fantastic movie. I was totally blown away by Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker. He was funny and creepy and a complete sociopath. Good stuff. And what about Christian? Well, Christian was amazing as always. The movie was much darker than I expected with more violence than the first (in my opinion). Although I think the directors/producers did a good job of "moderating" the violence (meaning there were several scenes where the blood, guts and gore could have really gotten out-of-hand and it didn't). I was also impressed with the message that "human nature is basically good" (can't go into more detail otherwise I would be spoiling it). I can't wait to see the movie again next week with my parents.

Bought this cute little gift set from Philosophy called Surfer Girl. Smells like the tropics and makes my skin shimmer. Love it.
Vacation is almost here! I leave Friday for 10 days of wonderful Wyoming weather (it's supposed to be 77 degrees and raining when I land Friday night) and relaxation. With everything that's been going on, I'm truly looking forward to getting away, visiting my parents and taking it easy. I'm playing in a two-day golf tournament with Mom and Dad and I are heading up the Grays to do some fishing. I've also got plans to hike up in Teton Park, eat at Bubba's, and visit my Granny. Oh, and the important part? Sitting on the porch swing, looking at the mountains and not thinking about anything. That's the MOST important part. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home