{the story of a girl}

Friday, June 20, 2008

Eat Pray Love


When this book was first published I heard quite a bit about it but then I was inundated with three or four texts per class which didn't leave a lot of time for leisure reading. With spring semester over, and me taking a break from school this summer, I'm finally getting around to reading Eat Pray Love. And let me tell you, I am thoroughly enjoying it. I devoured Italy, had a bit of trouble getting through India (the author's spiritual beliefs often conflicted with my own) and am knee-deep in Indonesia. There are so many wonderful quotes and lines in this book, often from people other than the author. The book, despite it's often inherently serious topics, is light-hearted and filled with humor. The other wonderful thing about the book is that it's easy to pick up where you left off. Each "bead" (you'll understand when you read the book) is independent enough to be read on it's own but also flows with the entirety of the book.


My favorite lines so far:


"It is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else's life with perfection."

"This smile will make you beautiful woman. This will give you power of to be very pretty. You can use this power- pretty power!- to get what you want in life. "


"We must get our hearts broken sometimes. This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something. "

And, of course, I now desperately want to travel to both Italy and Bali.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home