{the story of a girl}

Friday, May 30, 2008

dream house

I was linked to this image on Flickr by a friend and I haven't been able to stop looking at it since. I love this house- it has incredible potential. When I look at it I think of magic and old books and horse-drawn carriages. I also imagine how, if this were my home, I would decorate it (I think I missed my calling as an interior decorator or set designer).

There is something hauntingly beautiful about this home- you just know it has secrets to tell. I wouldn't even be surprised if it had a spectral resident or two. Can't you just picture it with jack-o-lanterns and cornstalks lining the porch at Halloween and the glow of Christmas tree lights through the front cupola in December? How amazing would it be to sit on a stack of pillows in the conservatory and watch a thunderstorm roll in? This house is definitely the stuff daydreams are made of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home