{the story of a girl}

Monday, August 22, 2005

{back from the beach}

What a wonderful weekend in Newport Beach. Erin and I left early Friday morning for CA, stopped at In N Out for lunch, shopped at the outlet malls by Palm Springs (they had an Oakley store!) and talked the entire way.

Our hotel was right on the beach, thanks to my best friend's amazing husband! :) We shopped, ate, went to the beach, ate, went to another beach, ate some more. The temple was beautiful and I'm grateful we were able to tour it before the dedication.

The best part of the weekend was just being with my best friend. Our lives are so full and busy that, even when we see each other, we each seem to be slightly pre-occupied (at least, I am). It was good to just talk about anything and everything that came to mind. Fun to act like kids again and be dorks.

The trip was just what I needed. The sunshine, the beach, the change of scenery all helped to give me a different perspective on things that are going on in my life. I feel sooo good today. Almost as if I've come to terms with getting older and not being/having all I thought I would by now. I'm a work in progress and I'm okay with that. I'm happy being imperfect. Happy being goofy. Happy being me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home