{the story of a girl}

Monday, August 15, 2005

{make it stop}

Time, that is. Today it became startlingly clear that I will be 29 in a little over a week. What the heck happened to my twenties? I want them back, dang it!

Everyone is telling me the thirties are MUCH better than the twenties. I'm sure they are. For them. They are all married, most with children. I can't even begin to fathom facing another decade on my own. It's almost too much to bear.

Yes, you've stumbled upon a pity party for one. I'm not usually this pessimistic. It just seems like that lately. I suppose I could share the good stuff.

Had an awesome weekend. Hung out with my best friend and her family on Friday. Went to the lake on Saturday. Actually got up on a wakeboard for a fraction of a second. Amazing feeling. So much easier than it was a year (and 30 pounds) ago. Definitely inspired me to get back on track, eat well, lose the rest of the weight and have a kick-butt shape.

Played volleyball and frisbee on Saturday night. Didn't know I could do that well at V-ball. I'm no champion, but it's amazing how your athletic ability increases as weight decreases. Then again it could be that with all the working out I'm more coordinated and agile. Who knows. WHO CARES??

Sunday. Taught Gospel Doctrine. Whew...glad that's over. Went okay, I hope. Slept for several hours to make up for Friday and Saturday night's.

Hoping to go to Newport Beach this weekend but not sure how it's going to turn out. School starts 8/22 so I'm crazy busy at work. What have I gotten myself into?

Cutting my hair tomorrow. SHHHHHH...no one knows. I'm cutting off all the long locks. I really don't want to, but I'm too old for hair that reaches almost to my butt.

NO FEAR.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home