{the story of a girl}

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

{dreaming out loud}

Apparently several of my friends read my blog and never comment. Yes, I mean you. I know who you are. :)

Recently I've been thing about the dreams I've had in my life. Have I accomplished them? Would the girl I was be disappointed in the woman I have become (and AM becoming)? When I was little, I wanted so much. I wanted to be a fighter pilot, a lawyer, a psychologist. Looking back it's interesting to me to realize that I never wanted to be famous. I still don't but don't most young kids dream of fame and fortune? Am I a freak? Don't answer that.

Now, I just want the simple dreams in life. As "uncool" and "passe" as it may seem, I want to get married and raise a family. I want to write, either a novel or as a staff writer at a magazine, I don't care. I want to be a YW Camp Leader (talk about asking for it, huh?). I want to travel to Italy, Vietnam, and Belize. I want to help others in any way I can.

Simplicity...that is my goal. I've seen what greed and power can do. I've seen how the "other half" lives and it's not all is cracked up to be. Call me simple, call me unmotivated, call me anything you want. I don't want to run the country, own the company or see my name on the silverscreen...maybe just on the cover a best-selling novel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home