{the story of a girl}

Monday, September 22, 2008

The Sound of Rain


Being the bibliophile that I am, many of my book selections have been made based on the cover of a book. I know, I know..."you can't judge a book by it's cover." That's true...sometimes.

Well, the cover of this book beckoned me from the shelf. And then, when I got it home, it insisted I read it instead of my social psychology text book. So I did. I finished yesterday morning, in my pajamas, in bed, sobbing. The book reminded me so much of the loss of my brother that, for a moment, all the old feelings came rushing back. Including an anger I don't recall having before. An anger that I was robbed of the only sibling I had. That a life so full of promise was cut so tragically short.

Then, I relaxed and remembered what I truly believe about death and life after this. And it was all okay again. Well, as okay as it will ever get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home