{the story of a girl}

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Happy October

It is officially my favorite month of the year. There is just something about October that tugs at me. The cooler weather (well, sort of), changing leaves, pumpkins, harvest, HALLOWEEN. And now that is October, I can admit that my Halloween decorations have been up for two weeks. All except the wreath and doormat. I figured I'd avoid giving my neighbors the opportunity to ridicule me for decorating for All Hallows Eve mid-September. But the door decor is going up tonight.

I shall now spend my time making homemade soup and bread. And any recipe I can add pumpkin to. My friends and ward members will be inundated with pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin spice cupcakes, pumpkin bread, etc.

I have all the supplies to make a cute Halloween treat jar for my office at work. I ordered freaky pink and black contacts to match the pink and black skull-and-cross-bones shirt I bought to wear on Halloween. I'm working on a very cool project for my Halloween cards and cute little Halloween gifts for colleagues and friends.

I am soooo in my element this month.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kerry McKibbins said...

I am so in my element too. I love October so much that I got married this month. Great hair weather!
Like your blog!

9:34 AM

 
Blogger Cloves said...

Sounds like you've got the month planned out! I love Halloween too.

7:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home