{the story of a girl}

Friday, January 09, 2009

Snowed In


I know I've complained quite a bit (here and in real life) about the cold AZ weather. Stop snickering, all you non-Arizona-dwellers. I grew up in the cold, in the state with the "Greatest Snow on Earth." And I don't miss it. My blood has thinned to the point that I cannot handle any temperature below 20 without massive system failure.

However, every once in a while I get a wild hair to be snowed it. To be stuck in a lovely mountain cabin (my parent's Star Valley home comes to mind) that is fully stocked with hot chocolate, pasta, fruit and home baked goodies. Books- lots and lots of books. And movies. I'd sport warm and fuzzy pajamas and socks and snuggle next to a glowing fireplace under my suede and sheepskin throw. As long and the power stays on and the water lines don't freeze, I could handle this. For about a week.


My parent's backyard...in October.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home