{the story of a girl}

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Choices We Make

There is no such thing as no regrets- this I know. Still, I've tried to live my life so I will have no oppressive regrets. And, for the most part, I feel I am doing pretty good in that area. I've taken chances that have had me trembling beforehand but, in the end, I'm glad I took them. The end result is not always as I hope, but I find peace in knowing that I did what I needed to do.

I took one such chance recently and it doesn't seem to be working out too well. From my point of view, I think the choice I made truly hurt a friendship. Not that I regret that choice or that I hurt anyone, just that I created an awkward situation where before there was a deep friendship. It stings a bit to know I sacrificed a relationship for my own peace of my mind, but I truly cannot see how I could have done anything differently. I knew that at some point, I was going to need to lay it all on the line and so I did.

I've been dealing very well with the situation but today I feel sad, upset, and a little wistful. Despite my 'cowgirl up' attitude and the belief 'it is what it is', sometimes we just need to wallow a bit. After all, if we never feel hurt or sadness, we will never know or appreciate true joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home