{the story of a girl}

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fall 2002

This is an image from the fall 2002 Pottery Barn catalog. Yes, I've kept the entire catalog for 9 years, hoping that one day, fate would be kind and bestow upon me a home to decorate. The planets have aligned, the angels have sung, and I do have a home to decorate. A home that, while big on space, is short on character. I know it takes time to make a house feel like a home. But it still doesn't feel like me.

My recent acquisition of the PB catalog set me to thinking about that long-ago fall when PB published an entire catalog dedicated to "American Country." Short on frills, lace, and floral-prints, the catalog was long on leather, denim, and the "lived-in" look. Just my style. As I browsed through this gem of glossy goodness last night, I realized that the decorating avenue I was pursuing in the front room deviated greatly from my ideal. So, I've decided to break out the denim and cowhide (faux, mind you) pillows, the shearling throw and the rustic frames. I have the brown couch (in micro-fiber, not leather) and will make pillows to match that striped chair. My rustic pine furniture will go nicely with the "American Country" theme.
Because, at the end of the day, I'm still a country girl at heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home