{the story of a girl}

Monday, January 04, 2010

Monday

* Waking up this morning (to an alarm clock and before 8:30 a.m.) was not pleasant. I've been spoiled the past two weeks not having anywhere to be (with the exception of two flights and a doctor's appt.). It's currently 2:45 p.m. and my body is wondering why it hasn't napped yet and why I've still not fed it a Dr. Pepper (I'm giving up caffeine...well, daily anyway). Needless to say, I'm not very happy with myself.

* The Steelers are officially out of the play-offs. It's been a rough season and my father and I have spent many hours either yelling at the TV or dissecting the disappointment that was the 09 Steelers. We'll get 'em next year.

* I am going to have to plan better for the afternoon munchies that hit about an hour after lunch each day. Why is it that, on days when I am NOT in the office, I eat only once a day, late in the afternoon. Yet when I'm riding a desk for 8 hours, I'm incessantly grazing?

* There are two weeks before Spring semester begins and I'm determined to spend as much free time as possible reading my way through the stack of books on my nightstand. Oh, how I love reading!

* Looking forward to several movies being relased in the coming few weeks: Daybreakers, Legion, Shutter Island. I'm sensing a theme here, are you?

* Trying to remember every moment that the things I wish to change about myself didn't occur over night nor are they going to change that quickly. Here's to patience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home