{the story of a girl}

Monday, March 08, 2010

round 1

This is the trail that took me in a 4.5 mile loop through the desert. This is the trail that I ran in intervals every two minutes or so. This is the trail that runs through washes that make me feel my behind getting tighter. This is the trail that, right now, is impossibly green and beautiful but will turn brown and scary (rattlesnakes, scorpions, oh my!) in just a month or two. But right now, I am having a love affair with this trail. It's a delicious little secret we have, this trail and I. Each stride pushes more of my desire, my anger, my determination into the desert soil. And in return, the trail yields me increased lung capacity, tighter muscles and clarity of mind.

It's a good thing we've got going, this trail and I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home