{the story of a girl}

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

what i'm reading

Perhaps the title of this post should be "what i've read" since what I am currently reading (books on the mafia, organized crime, and research methodology) probably aren't of enormous interest. However, I just finished The Sweet By and By by country music artist Sara Evans over the weekend and wanted to share my thoughts...not that anyone cares but I will anyway.

First impression? Good, entertaining book. Rich characters. I'm a country girl so the setting and main character, Jade's, childhood (setting, anyway) appealed to me. The book is essentially about a late-twenties woman, Jade, preparing to marry her dream man, a Tennessee lawyer, but also beginning to deal with a past that has haunted her for years. It's a clean story but hits on some very sensitive subjects. The romance isn't too lovey-dovey and the religious aspect is well-done.

Overall impression? I enjoyed the book. It was a quick, easy, read.

Oh, and the fact that the first chapter mentioned Oakleys, Apple (Macs), a town named Whisper Hollow, a vintage shop and lime green sticky notes didn't hurt. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home