{the story of a girl}

Friday, May 07, 2010

Shift

Sometimes in life you need a little shift. Sometimes life sees fit to shift for you. Both are true in my life at this point.
  1. Losing weight. I started the HCG diet in April and, despite some cheating and a lot of stress, I've managed to lose 15 pounds. It feels good; empowering. I'm taking control of a problem that has always been there (and probably always will be) and simply dealing with it head-on. The program is incredibly hard and restrictive, but I'm seeing results and that's what matters.
  2. Library school. I'm not quite sure just where to start with this one. Being a librarian was my path; I was sure of it. But now my faith in that decision is wavering. I've withdrawn from volunteering at the library (long story short, I was wasting my time, not learning anything, and dreading each day I went) and am questioning if I want to pursue a library degree any longer. Simply put, I'm trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up. And I haven't a clue. So much of what I want (to be a wife, a mother, live in the country, take care of my family) seems to depend on other people.
  3. Friends and family. This one is tough. I have several amazing friends whom I treasure and adore. However, they are all married except for two. Of those two, one has recently relocated to LA and the other will be relocating to San Diego the end of the month. And that leaves me here, on my own, in a world full of married people. That's hard. I need to "broaden my horizons" but I've been in this groove for so long I'm not sure how to do that and still keep my sanity.

Not entirely Earth-shaking shifts, I understand. But in my world, they are pretty big...and I'm learning to deal with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home