{the story of a girl}

Monday, April 12, 2010

missing the fun

Lately it seems as if my life is full of the "not so fun" stuff: car repairs (blown timing belt with $7,000 damage to the engine), leaky faucets, injured foots, cooking for this extremely restrictive diet I'm on, schoolwork, housework, work-work. Kinda want a break for something truly fun. Disneyland/Cali already seems a distant memory (was it only two weeks ago???) and the diet/injury keep me from doing anything overtly physical (running, hiking, etc.), so I'm left with the normal stuff.

I know that the fun stuff will start to pick up again, but I miss it. :( I miss my crazy group of friends whom I rarely see because we are all so busy. I miss staying out until 4am in the morning. (Eh, maybe not so much.) I miss camping trips and lake trips and Mexico trips.

Luckily, my BFF from high school (HI NIK), whom I adore is going to (maybe) be in town in June. And in July, I'll take my traditional vacation to Wyoming (hopefully with a visit from Nik). Vegas in August is a real possibility (again with Nik), as is a trip to San Diego. Then, in October, I'll be heading to New Orleans for a wedding. PLUS, as soon as I get my new car, Janna and I are going to take a day trip to Jerome.

So the fun is there, it's just a ways away. And I really need something now to keep me going. My solution? I am trying to organize a mini-golf tournament for this weekend. Because I'm a geek and like stuff like mini-golfing.

And because I dislike posting without a photo, that one above is from Never Been Kissed with Drew Barrymore and Michael Vartan. Yes, it's old school but I adore the movie. Drew's character is so real and I found myself identifying with her on occasion. Michael looks like an ex-crush/friend/boyfriend and his character in the movie is fantastic! And the ending with the kiss on the baseball diamond is dreamy. Watch it if you haven't seen it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home