{the story of a girl}

Monday, April 05, 2010

losing my mind

Easter weekend was NOT kind to me. Saturday, the Beetle stalled while I was driving. I lost brakes and power steering and almost ran into other cars on the road. My nice neighbor (for whom I need to make cookies) helped me get my car back into my garage, but there she still sits, awaiting a call from my mechanic saying he can work Bella in this week. In the meantime, my wonderful friends have loaned me their extra automobile so I didn't have to rent.

Then, as I'm slaving away on my Easter feast, I noticed water dripped from the cabinet under my sink. Yep. Somehow the faucet had sprung a leak and flooded my cabinet. And warped it. My six-month old cabinet.

To add insult to injury, I was missing my ex-boy"friend" so much that I ended up crying myself to sleep. (If I ever get the opportunity to time travel, I'm going back to that fateful day in 2004 when I first saw him walk into my class and my heart dropped and I began to fall for someone I could never, ever have. And for me to use what will probably be my only chance at time travel to change our meeting is major.)

Seriously? Bad weekend. I know things could be much worse, but I'm still stressed and overwhelmed and more than a little cranky. Such is life. We deal with it the best we can and move forward. I'm just not very good at the "dealing" without the "losing my mind."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home