{the story of a girl}

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

100 Miles from Memphis

It's here, it's here! Finally! Sheryl Crow's new album 100 Miles from Memphis. It's no secret to anyone who knows me well that I am a true Sheryl Crow fan- her music has been the soundtrack to some pretty significant events in my life. I also really admire her as a person (from what I know of her). Her struggle with cancer, her determination to be her own person, being a single mother who adopted a child in her 40s...I think she's pretty cool. And I also adore her person boho/country/rocker chick style...wish I could emulate it!

Here's the first single/video from the new album, Summer Day. I dig it...makes bop my head to the beat.

Another tidbit? Crow's 150-acre farm in Tennessee, Cross Creek Farm, is on the market for $7.5M. Mere pocket change. You can see the property and buildings here. As far as celebrity homes go, I'm fairly impressed with the livability of this one. The decor isn't over-the-top and it looks rather homey. I am especially taken with the rooms in the barn (go figure) and the recording study. The den also looks uber comfortable. No sure about that kitchen, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home